We are at the heart of an ecosystem of change-makers, empowering investors to make sound, sustainable investment decisions.
Our commitment to sustainability
Sustainability at Refinitiv means being an industry leader in the transition to a low-carbon economy and championing the role responsible businesses can play in this shift. We do this by:
- Being environmentally responsible with our resources and supporting the communities we operate in
- Using our data, forward-thinking technology and expertise to help our customers make sustainable investment decisions; providing transparency in our markets, mitigating risk and generating performance
A decade of action
In this decade of action we have set out new, high-impact, environmental and social targets which remain aligned to our core pledges as a responsible business:
- Continuously lightening our environmental footprint
- Reflecting and supporting the communities where we operate
- Putting sustainability at the core of our product offering
- Reduce our business and commuting travel by 25%
- Commit to 65% of our suppliers setting science-based emissions targets
- Achieve 1 million volunteering hours and engage 50% of Refinitiv colleagues in our community support programs
- Be a top 3 provider of sustainable finance data and analytics solutions, enabling global sustainable investment and ethical supply chain development
- Halve our business carbon emissions
- Plant and conserve 1 million trees - Find out more
- Support 1 million people through Refinitiv-sponsored donations and social impact activities focusing on 4 UN SDGs: good health and well-being; reduced inequalities; climate action; peace, justice and strong institutions
Driving leadership in sustainability
We have set our next wave of sustainability targets, which will define our contribution to the upcoming decade of environmental and social action.
Our role in powering sustainable finance
At Refinitiv, we use our data, forward-thinking technology and expertise to help our customers make sustainable investment decisions, mitigate risk and generate performance.
We help our customers make sound, sustainable investment decisions, by enabling them to assess the risks – and opportunities – posed by companies’ performance in critical sustainability-related areas.
We provide accurate, decision-ready, auditable, transparent, comparable, sustainability-related data. We are committed to expand our suite of sustainability-related propositions by evolving existing capabilities and working with partners and innovating in new areas.
Our data and solutions also assist corporations to:
- Improve their own environmental, social and governance (ESG) reporting standards
- Report on regulatory and compliance requirements
- Meet institutional investor mandates
- Mitigate reputational risk
Helping shape a sustainable future
Alongside our charity and community relationships, we are building global partnerships to help us deliver on what we promise and further widen our impact. As we identify government and industry stakeholders with sustainability and sustainable finance as top policy objectives, we also work with global regulators to shape rapidly developing sustainability and disclosure regulations.
Refinitiv sits on the European Commission Technical Expert Group on Sustainable Finance, which has a mandate to develop key investment frameworks with ESG considerations taken into account.
World Economic Forum
Refinitiv continues to work with the World Economic Forum on developing a sustainable leadership framework for corporate executives to measure, monitor and communicate long-term ESG strategies and business performance.
Refinitiv Charities is a registered grant-making charity. Its mission is to deliver sustainable social impact through dedicated support to wide range of global, national and local organizations, aligned to the UN SDGs.
United Nations Task Force
Refinitiv is a knowledge partner to the United Nations Secretary General’s Task Force of Digital Financing of the SDGs. Its aim is to harness the power of digital financing for the good of the planet and its citizens.
United Nations Global Compact
Refinitiv is a participant of the United Nations Global Compact, committing to align with the Ten Principles and support the mission of the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
Data and products
Refinitiv offers a suite of products covering multiple parts of the business lifecycle, across environmental, social and governance issues, from investment portfolios through to due diligence and energy supply.