- Belt and road initiative
What you need to know about the Belt & Road Initiative
Launched in 2013, China's 'One Belt One Road' (OBOR), now known as the Belt and Road Initiative (BRI), has become a major driver of global project activity. Roads, railways, ports and other connectivity infrastructure are planned or underway to realising Beijing’s grand ambition of connecting Asia, Africa and Europe.
The immense scale of the Belt and Road Initiative presents a unique set of opportunities – and risks – for global financial professionals, investors and asset managers.
Access the largest database of BRI project data
BRI projects by industry and funding source. Data from Refinitiv BRI database.
Connect and collaborate on a global scale using up-to-date, accurate and trusted data. The Eikon BRI Connect app provides macroeconomic, market, financing, geopolitical and operational risk data on BRI related countries, organizations and projects. Discover Eikon BRI Connect.
Latest report coverage
BRI Connect Report: An initiative in numbers
Co-operative documents with 126 countries
2600 organisations in 35 corridors
7 industries across private & public enterprise
170 projects requiring funding
Our methodology for identifying projects related to BRI
BRI Connect includes projects that meet any of the following criteria:
- Projects that have been identified as such by the Chinese government or Chinese State Departments
- Where project contractors have signed agreements with the government departments of the relevant country along BRI Corridors and have obtained relevant regulators’ approvals required for Belt & Road initiatives
- Which are published on the BRI official website
- Projects that have direct Chinese participation at a consultant, owner, contractor and financer level or are of strategic interest located along a BRI Economic Corridor
Eikon BRI Connect App
Unlock BRI investment opportunities using Eikon
Eikon BRI Connect includes:
- A database of BRI related projects, updated in real-time
- Unparalleled coverage of financing deals and primary capital markets
- Insight into BRI investment opportunities
- Secure, accurate, up-to-date country risk ratings
- Details on over 3500 BRI related organizations