An overview of Shanghai Metals Exchange Market (SHMET)
Shanghai Metal Exchange Market (SHMET) is the most professional information provider for the metals industry in China. As an independent third-party industry intelligence service provider in Shanghai, China, SHMET's editorial and research teams provide the most reliable information on a daily basis.
The Shanghai Metal Price Index (SHMETX) is the most authoritative and reliable benchmark for the non-ferrous metals industry in China and enables consumers to avert risks against market price volatilities.
Features & Benefits
What you get with Shanghai Metals Exchange Market (SHMET)
- Since its establishment on May 28, 2000, its website has become the most influential and authoritative portal visited by most of those in the metals industry in China.
- The Shanghai Spot Metal Prices were launched in May 2000 by SHMET to offer authoritative and accurate price information for base metals (cu, al, ni, pb, zn, sn and others), precious metals, minor metals, alloys, metal scraps, and other groups of metals in China.
- SHMET's comprehensive database has historical data for daily market transactions traced back to as far as 2000. On July 12, 2004, SHMET launched the country's first metal spot price index called “Shanghai Metal Price Index" to serve as a barometer for the metals market in China.
- On July 12, 2004, SHMET launched the country's first metal spot price index called “Shanghai Metal Price Index (SHMETX)” to serve as a barometer for the metals market in China.
- SHMET is one of the three most renowned institutions in the non-ferrous metals industry, along with London Metal Exchange and Shanghai Futures Exchange.
How it works
Accessing the dataset
This dataset can be used by the following products. Talk to us to learn more about different packages and offerings.
- Data Formats:
- Delivery Mechanisms:
- Publishing Frequencies:
Call your local sales team
Asia Pacific (Sub-Regional)
Australia & Pacific Islands:
+612 8066 2494
China mainland: +86 10 6627 1095
Hong Kong & Macau: +852 3077 5499
India, Bangladesh, Nepal, Maldives & Sri Lanka:
+91 22 6180 7525
Indonesia: 001 803 065 067
Japan: +813 6743 6515
Korea: +822 3478 4303
Malaysia & Brunei: +603 7 724 0502
New Zealand: +64 9913 6203
Philippines: 180 089 094 050 (Globe) or
180 014 410 639 (PLDT)
Singapore and all non-listed ASEAN Countries:
+65 6415 5484
Taiwan: +886 2 7734 4677
Thailand & Laos: +662 844 9576
We're here for you
Have questions? We're here to help. Talk to a real person and get the answers that matter most.