An overview of Consensus Economics
- Consensus Economics, founded in 1989, is one of the world’s leading international economic survey organizations and polls more than 700 to 1000 economists each month to obtain their forecasts and views.
- The surveys cover the principal macro and a few microeconomic variables for up to 100 countries.
- The consensus is defined as the mean average of the forecasts of individual country panellists, who are generally experts in individual country sectors.
Features & Benefits
What you get with Consensus Economics
- Consensus Economics is one of the world’s leading international economic survey organizations.
- Polls are collected from 700 to 1000 economists for views on macroeconomic indicators. Consensus Economics’ panellists come from consultancies, banks, investment firms, universities, and a few manufacturers. Incoming survey responses are processed into a consensus using proprietary software to produce a mean average from the individual responses. The means are updated each month and show the expected outlook, this year and next.
- There are separate quarterly polls taken for 46 markets, then long term forecasts two to ten years out are produced.
- Two fee liable Consensus Economics® products are available on Datastream on a pass-through basis: Consensus Forecasts™ compiled from monthly surveys, having projections 1 and 2 years out for 100 countries; and Long-term Forecasts extending out 2 to 10 years, from quarterly surveys of 46 countries.
- The monthly survey means are available for free.
How it works
Accessing the dataset
This dataset can be used by the following products. Talk to us to learn more about different packages and offerings.
- Data Formats:
- Delivery Mechanisms:
- Publishing Frequencies:
Contact sales by email
Already a customer? Get support
Contact sales by phone
Asia Pacific (Sub-Regional)
Australia & Pacific Islands:
+612 8066 2494
China mainland: +86 10 6627 1095
Hong Kong & Macau: +852 3077 5499
India, Bangladesh, Nepal, Maldives & Sri Lanka:
+91 22 6180 7525
Indonesia: 001 803 065 067
Japan: +813 6743 6515
Korea: +822 3478 4303
Malaysia & Brunei +603 7 724 0502
New Zealand +64 9913 6203
Philippines: 180 089 094 050 (Globe) or
180 014 410 639 (PLDT)
Singapore and all non-listed ASEAN Countries:
+65 6415 5484
Taiwan: +886 2 7734 4677
Thailand & Laos: +662 844 9576
We're here for you
Have questions? We're here to help. Talk to a real person and get the answers that matter most.