An overview of Blue Chip Economic Indicators®
- Blue Chip Economic Indicators is the market-leading collection of macroeconomic consensus forecasts for the United States.
- Since 1976, BCEI has polled economists for future changes in real growth, inflation and interest rates, as well as consensus estimates for 16 countries, totaling 2,990 active series.
- Predictions are compiled into an average panelist consensus per indicator, along with averages of the 10 highest and 10 lowest, and a median forecast, eliminating the effects of extremes.
Features & Benefits
What you get with Blue Chip Economic Indicators®
- The forecasts are for 15 indicators covering GDP, inflation, personal income and consumption, unemployment, industrial production, car sales, housing starts, fixed investment, corporate profits and treasury bills.
- Spot trends and predict key economic indicators influencing financial markets.
- Together with Refinitiv’s deep, historical economic and financial content, BCEI provides a robust toolset for analyzing the U.S. economy.
- Benefit from forecasts from analysts at foremost investment and other financial services firms, consulting and research organizations, and industry trade groups.
- A survey of international firms is conducted producing forecasts for the Euro Zone and 15 countries across the globe, compiled results include an average consensus for 5 key indicators.
How it works
Accessing the dataset
This dataset can be used by the following products. Talk to us to learn more about different packages and offerings.
- Data Formats:
- Delivery Mechanisms:
- Publishing Frequencies:
Contact sales by email
Already a customer? Get support
Contact sales by phone
Asia Pacific (Sub-Regional)
Australia & Pacific Islands:
+612 8066 2494
China mainland: +86 10 6627 1095
Hong Kong & Macau: +852 3077 5499
India, Bangladesh, Nepal, Maldives & Sri Lanka:
+91 22 6180 7525
Indonesia: 001 803 065 067
Japan: +813 6743 6515
Korea: +822 3478 4303
Malaysia & Brunei +603 7 724 0502
New Zealand +64 9913 6203
Philippines: 180 089 094 050 (Globe) or
180 014 410 639 (PLDT)
Singapore and all non-listed ASEAN Countries:
+65 6415 5484
Taiwan: +886 2 7734 4677
Thailand & Laos: +662 844 9576
We're here for you
Have questions? We're here to help. Talk to a real person and get the answers that matter most.