An overview of Economist Intelligence Unit - EIU
- The EIU (Economist Intelligence Unit) has more than 60 years of experience providing country analysis and forecasts, making the CountryData macroeconomic database a very comprehensive source of economic indicators and forecasts.
- The Economist Intelligence Unit’s forecasting and analysis has informed government and industry around the world since 1946 when it was funded as the research arm of The Economist.
- These data are available on a fee liable basis.
Features & Benefits
What you get with Economist Intelligence Unit - EIU
- CountryData provides instant access to an analytical database of worldwide economic indicators with forecasts for 201 countries that spans up to 320 series per country. Subjects covered are external debt stock, service and trade, foreign payments and trade, fiscal and monetary indicators, demographics and income, and national accounts.
- CountryData allows you to monitor global macroeconomic trends or download the latest forecast for a country; EIU’s CountryData provides consistent and comprehensive statistics.
- Economic forecasts for the largest 122 countries are updated every month to reflect the latest developments and data releases. The remaining 79 emerging markets are updated quarterly.
- The data have extensive history, from 1989. Depending on the series, forecasts are available 2, 10, or 20 years out.
How it works
Accessing the dataset
This dataset can be used by the following products. Talk to us to learn more about different packages and offerings.
- Data Formats:
- Delivery Mechanisms:
- Publishing Frequencies:
Contact sales by email
Already a customer? Get support
Contact sales by phone
Asia Pacific (Sub-Regional)
Australia & Pacific Islands:
+612 8066 2494
China mainland: +86 10 6627 1095
Hong Kong & Macau: +852 3077 5499
India, Bangladesh, Nepal, Maldives & Sri Lanka:
+91 22 6180 7525
Indonesia: 001 803 065 067
Japan: +813 6743 6515
Korea: +822 3478 4303
Malaysia & Brunei +603 7 724 0502
New Zealand +64 9913 6203
Philippines: 180 089 094 050 (Globe) or
180 014 410 639 (PLDT)
Singapore and all non-listed ASEAN Countries:
+65 6415 5484
Taiwan: +886 2 7734 4677
Thailand & Laos: +662 844 9576
We're here for you
Have questions? We're here to help. Talk to a real person and get the answers that matter most.