An overview of Consensus Inc.
- The Consensus Bullish Sentiment Index of market opinion gauges positions and attitudes of major professional brokerage firms and advisors on U.S. commodities markets.
- Developed in 1983, these Contrarian sentiment indicators assess the prevailing psychological tendencies for stocks and commodities markets on a weekly basis.
- The Consensus offers unique sentiment index indicators by major commodity, which provide potential markets direction.
Features & Benefits
What you get with Consensus Inc.
- The data covers a broad spectrum of approaches to the market, including fundamental, technical, and cyclical.
- Used by individual and institutional traders, brokers, fund managers and more, to plan strategies using Consensus Bullish Sentiment trends with changes in market moving economic indicators.
- Consensus considers only opinions which have been committed to publication and therefore have an influence on the trading public.
- The theory of Contrarian opinion holds that when a predominant number of market analysts are bullish, it is likely that the market is approaching an overbought condition, and that a reversal in trend may be imminent.
- To compile the index, Consensus draws from an extensive mix of both brokerage house analysts and independent advisory services, from both contributors and non-contributors.
How it works
Accessing the dataset
This dataset can be used by the following products. Talk to us to learn more about different packages and offerings.
- Data Formats:
- Delivery Mechanisms:
- Publishing Frequencies:
Call your local sales team
Asia Pacific (Sub-Regional)
Australia & Pacific Islands:
+612 8066 2494
China mainland: +86 10 6627 1095
Hong Kong & Macau: +852 3077 5499
India, Bangladesh, Nepal, Maldives & Sri Lanka:
+91 22 6180 7525
Indonesia: 001 803 065 067
Japan: +813 6743 6515
Korea: +822 3478 4303
Malaysia & Brunei: +603 7 724 0502
New Zealand: +64 9913 6203
Philippines: 180 089 094 050 (Globe) or
180 014 410 639 (PLDT)
Singapore and all non-listed ASEAN Countries:
+65 6415 5484
Taiwan: +886 2 7734 4677
Thailand & Laos: +662 844 9576
We're here for you
Have questions? We're here to help. Talk to a real person and get the answers that matter most.