The benchmark provider of choice
The breadth and depth of our benchmark portfolio is unmatched, spanning all major asset classes and regions worldwide.
For more than a quarter of a century, we have been designing, calculating, governing, and publishing the financial benchmarks that lie at the heart of the global financial system.
Central Banks and local authorities around the world look to us as the pre-eminent provider of financial benchmark services, whether it is by calculating a benchmark for an administrator, or assuming the responsibility for the benchmark as Administrator ourselves.
We are the administrator of more than 30 key rates and calculation agent for over 40 critical national and regional interest rates and FX benchmarks in 12 different countries, such as Singapore, Hong Kong and Russia.
A number of our benchmarks and indices are compliant with the European Benchmark Regulation (EU BMR).
Refinitiv is the administrator of numerous indices and benchmarks.
Refinitiv assigned Refinitiv Benchmark Services (UK) Limited (‘RBSL’) to be the regulated administrator of certain benchmarks, such as those used within the EU and thus caught by the EU Benchmark Regulation (EU BMR). RBSL is authorized by the FCA, as listed on the ESMA Register, to administer benchmarks under the EU BMR.
The following benchmarks have been moved to be administered by RBSL since the end of December 2019. The migration has happened therefore it’s okay for users to use them prior to the benchmark statement being published in mid-January 2020.
- WM/Reuters Spot, Forward and NDF benchmark rates
- Thomson Reuters/CoreCommodity CRB® Index
- Thomson Reuters Convertible Indices
Going forward, we will continue to carry out our commitment to EU BMR.
Note: For those benchmarks administered by a non-EU entity within Refinitiv (i.e. a third country administrator), Refinitiv has until the end of the BMR Extension Transition period (Dec 2021) to migrate those benchmarks into an authorized benchmark administrator (i.e. RBSL).
Those Refinitiv benchmarks that fall under the BMR Extension Transition period and are under consideration for migration before the end of 2021 are:
- Tokyo Swap Rates (administered by RAPL, Refinitiv Asia Pacific Limited)
- Thomson Reuters Local Currency Indices
- Thomson Reuters IX Global ESG Equal Weighted Index
- Thomson Reuters IX Global ESG High Dividend Low Volatility Equal Weighted Index
- Thomson Reuters IX Western Europe Small & Mid Cap Index
- Thomson Reuters GL Large/Mid D&I Ex Controversial Weapons Equal Weight Index
- Thomson Reuters Global Equal Opportunities Select Index
- Thomson Reuters Global Resource Protection Select Index
- Thomson Reuters Europe Equal Opportunities Select Index
- Thomson Reuters Country, Regional and Sector Indices
- Thomson Reuters Diversity & Inclusion Index
- Thomson Reuters Eurozone ESG Select Index
Refinitiv will perform further assessments to the following Refinitiv benchmarks and notify the users in later stage whether Refinitiv will migrate them by Dec 2021:
- Refinitiv VNIBOR USD Benchmark
- Refinitiv VNIBOR VND Benchmark
- Refinitiv VNDFX Spot and Forward Rates
- Refinitiv VNDFX VND Reference Rate
Discover more about our financial benchmarks
We're here for you
Have questions? We're here to help. Talk to a real person and get the answers that matter most.