Why choose our convertible bond indices?
Convertible indices offer an independent and transparent definition of the convertible bond asset class over time.
A large number of index combinations are available, such as global and regional coverage; unhedged or hedged currencies; and carve-outs, featuring only “balanced” or investment grade issues. Custom index development and reporting
The indices are administered and calculated in the spirit of the International Organization of Securities Commissions principles.
The Refinitiv Convertible Indices are administered by Refinitiv Benchmark Services Limited, authorized as a Benchmark Administrator under EU BMR.
Convertible indices buy-side fact sheet
Convertible indices sell-side fact sheet
Current convertible indices methodology
Convertible indices calendar
Convertible Bond Indices from Refinitiv
Related indices methodologies
Our commitment to EU BMR
Most popular Refinitiv indices
Qualified Global Convertible Index
Refinitiv is the administrator of numerous indices and benchmarks.
Refinitiv assigned Refinitiv Benchmark Services (UK) Limited (‘RBSL’) to be the regulated administrator of certain benchmarks, such as those used within the EU and thus caught by the EU Benchmark Regulation (EU BMR). RBSL is authorized by the FCA, as listed on the ESMA Register, to administer benchmarks under the EU BMR.
The following benchmarks have been moved to be administered by RBSL since the end of December 2019. The migration has happened therefore it’s okay for users to use them prior to the benchmark statement being published in mid-January 2020.
- WM/Reuters Spot, Forward and NDF benchmark rates
- Refinitiv/CoreCommodity CRB® Index
- Refinitiv Convertible Indices
Going forward, we will continue to carry out our commitment to EU BMR.
Note: For those benchmarks administered by a non-EU entity within Refinitiv (i.e. a third country administrator), Refinitiv has until the end of the BMR Extension Transition period (Dec 2021) to migrate those benchmarks into an authorized benchmark administrator (i.e. RBSL).
Those Refinitiv benchmarks that fall under the BMR Extension Transition period and are under consideration for migration before the end of 2021 are:
- Tokyo Swap Rates (administered by RAPL, Refinitiv Asia Pacific Limited)
- Refinitiv Local Currency Indices
- Refinitiv IX Global ESG Equal Weighted Index
- Refinitiv IX Global ESG High Dividend Low Volatility Equal Weighted Index
- Refinitiv IX Western Europe Small & Mid Cap Index
- Refinitiv GL Large/Mid D&I Ex Controversial Weapons Equal Weight Index
- Refinitiv Global Equal Opportunities Select Index
- Refinitiv Global Resource Protection Select Index
- Refinitiv Europe Equal Opportunities Select Index
- Refinitiv Country, Regional and Sector Indices
- Refinitiv Diversity & Inclusion Index
- Refinitiv Eurozone ESG Select Index
Refinitiv will perform further assessments to the following Refinitiv benchmarks and notify the users in later stage whether Refinitiv will migrate them by Dec 2021:
- Refinitiv VNIBOR USD Benchmark
- Refinitiv VNIBOR VND Benchmark
- Refinitiv VNDFX Spot and Forward Rates
- Refinitiv VNDFX VND Reference Rate
Features & benefits
Our convertible indices
Global market coverage, broken down into multiple sub-indices and carve-outs to suit any portfolio or investment mandate.
Calculated by specialist convertible indexing and advisory team. Multiple custom index options available.
Adheres to the European Benchmark Regulation and follows IOSCO principles with rules based methodologies.
Convertible indices are available via Eikon and Datastream or standalone and via FTP, email, or third-party vendors.
Find out more
Other related products
We're here for you
Have questions? We're here to help. Talk to a real person and get the answers that matter most.