An overview of IHS Markit - Short Interest
IHS Markit delivers comprehensive securities lending data daily, to provide support for investment decisions, asset allocation, and risk management. With more than $25 trillion of global securities in the lending programmes of over 20,000 institutional funds, IHS Markit global securities financing data, providing market leading analytics on short seller demand, supply, and borrowing costs.
IHS Markit provides holistic transparency into short interest dynamics to support investment decisions, asset allocation, and risk management. Along with 3 million intraday transactions dating back more than 14 years. IHS source our data directly from industry participants.
Delivery mechanismCloudDeployed/Onsite Servers
Features & Benefits
What you get with IHS Markit - Short Interest
- Investment insight: Analyse long and short fund flow activity at stock, sector and market level; identify potential to support investment decision making, identify potential factor turning points and manage portfolio risk adjusted returns.
- Quantitative signals: Improve multi-factor model performance. Uncorrelated with traditional quantitative factors. Improve back-test simulations with borrow cost and availability information.
- Holistic view on short interest: Combine securities lending flow with exchange reported and publicly disclosed short positions. Average short interest across corporate issues, to provide an aggregate view across the capital structure.
- Risk management: Track changes in institutional fund flow and identify portfolio exposure to both downward price reversals and short squeezes. Identify concentration risk and recalls.
- Trading transparency: Refine trade entry and exit points, understand the availability of borrow, the concentration of supply, and benchmark your cost of carry.
How it works
Accessing the dataset
This dataset can be used by the following products. Talk to us to learn more about different packages and offerings.
Call your local sales team
Asia Pacific (Sub-Regional)
Australia & Pacific Islands:
+612 8066 2494
China mainland: +86 10 6627 1095
Hong Kong & Macau: +852 3077 5499
India, Bangladesh, Nepal, Maldives & Sri Lanka:
+91 22 6180 7525
Japan: +813 6743 6515
Korea: +822 3478 4303
Malaysia & Brunei: +603 7 724 0502
New Zealand: +64 9913 6203
Philippines: 180 089 094 050 (Globe) or
180 014 410 639 (PLDT)
Singapore and all non-listed ASEAN Countries:
+65 6415 5484
Taiwan: +886 2 7734 4677
Thailand & Laos: +662 844 9576
We're here for you
Have questions? We're here to help. Talk to a real person and get the answers that matter most.