An overview of Financial Instrument Risk Intelligence (FIRI)
Address the complex data needs associated with sanctioned financial instruments compliance. Financial Instruments Risk Intelligence (FIRI) delivers accurate, comprehensive sanctions content for both sanctioned entities (including explicit and implicit/narrative sanctions) and instruments.
Extensive coverage of national, international and sectorial sanctions lists and watchlists including full coverage of explicit and Implicit sanctions regimes. It includes but is not limited to: European Union (EU), Hong Kong (HKMA), U.S. Office of Foreign Asset Control (OFAC), United Nations (UN).
The types of financial instruments covered include debt, equities, derivatives, ETFs, indices, funds and warrants.
Features & Benefits
What you get with Financial Instrument Risk Intelligence (FIRI)
- Global sanction coverage: Extensive coverage of national, international and sectoral sanctions lists and watch lists including full coverage of explicit and implicit sanctions regimes. Our analysts are situated across time zones offering 24-hour coverage.
- Accurate and up to date: Our financial instruments data is updated weekly and is powered by the sanctions content managed by the World-Check Sanctions team to include explicit sanctions. The World-Check Sanctions teams also conduct extensive qualitative research to uncover implicit sanctions risk on complex structured entities and therefore their related financial instruments.
- Holistic approach: To satisfy the pre-trade compliance requirement for sanctioned securities, we combine our instrument to issuer relationships, legal entity sanction data and relevant financial instruments reference data to derive a comprehensive list of sanctioned instruments.
- Accessibility: The FIRI data set is offered in the Refinitiv World Check data file Advanced file structure as a separate file download (in CSV, XML – both zipped and unzipped) via secure FTP. This file can be plugged into your existing screening systems or Order Management Systems to screen the financial instruments against sanctions worldwide.
- Easy integration: With the FIRI data content set presented in a highly structured format, it is simple to absorb into your existing screening processes and benefit from this adjacent content.
- Boost efficiencies: We provide a full list of sanctions-affected financial instruments with keywords and comprehensive information to better help you with your sanctions compliance processes and to assist in decision-making.
- Assurance: Our sanctions processes and content have ISAE 3000 certification and are audited on an annual basis by an independent third party.
- Trusted provider: For over two decades, we have been delivering accurate and reliable information to help financial institutions, regulated businesses and corporates comply with their mandatory sanction screening obligations.
- Standalone dataset: FIRI File delivered in a World-Check Datafile format.
- Covers all Global Securities identifiers: ISIN, CUSIP, SEDOL, RIC.
- Financial Instruments data points: Exchange Code and Name, Asset Class, Currency, Term, Issue and Maturity date, Underlying Identifier and its type, Applicable Sanctions Regimes.
- Issuer data points: Refinitiv/World-Check UID, Country.
How it works
Accessing the dataset
This dataset can be used by the following products. Talk to us to learn more about different packages and offerings.
- Data Formats:
- Delivery Mechanisms:
- Publishing Frequencies:
Call your local sales team
Asia Pacific (Sub-Regional)
Australia & Pacific Islands:
+612 8066 2494
China mainland: +86 10 6627 1095
Hong Kong & Macau: +852 3077 5499
India, Bangladesh, Nepal, Maldives & Sri Lanka:
+91 22 6180 7525
Japan: +813 6743 6515
Korea: +822 3478 4303
Malaysia & Brunei: +603 7 724 0502
New Zealand: +64 9913 6203
Philippines: 180 089 094 050 (Globe) or
180 014 410 639 (PLDT)
Singapore and all non-listed ASEAN Countries:
+65 6415 5484
Taiwan: +886 2 7734 4677
Thailand & Laos: +662 844 9576
We're here for you
Have questions? We're here to help. Talk to a real person and get the answers that matter most.