Code of Interactive Services
"Interactive Services" means features such as (i) instant messaging, chat rooms, forums, polls, or bulletin boards, (ii) those that allow users to contribute content, and/or (iii) those that facilitate interactivity between users (such as Refinitiv Communities, Eikon Messenger, and Eikon Directory – whether accessed independently or embedded in another product/offering).
If you do not comply with this Code of Conduct, Refinitiv may suspend or terminate your access to the Interactive Services. Refinitiv may also seek recourse, including financial recourse, against you in the event of a breach, and may inform your Corporate Administrator and/or employer. In some cases, a breach of this Code of Conduct may mean you are committing an offense.
- You must follow all applicable laws, regulations, and market conventions.
- You are responsible for obtaining and maintaining all consents and licenses necessary to receive or use the Interactive Services.
- You must not transmit, encourage, or undertake the following in relation to the Interactive Services:
- Threatening, abusive, defamatory, illegal, obscene, or otherwise objectionable material or behavior;
- Advertising or marketing material, or spam;
- Chain mails, malicious software code, or any bulky or disruptive attachments or graphics of a nature which may cause problems to other users;
- The conduct of unauthorized investment advice or financial promotions;
- Infringement of another's privacy or confidentiality;
- A security breach or network security risk;
- Use of a false name or details, misrepresent your role or who you work for, or otherwise deceive Refinitiv or other users;
- Sharing of your password or account.
- You acknowledge Eikon Messenger, or any interactive feature within and Eikon, Eikon Messenger, Refinitiv Messenger, Refinitiv Workspace or any other service which are not advertised to be trade execution venues, must not be used as a transaction service or to conduct or execute any transactions or trades under any circumstance. Any transaction you conduct over Eikon Messenger or other Interactive Service in violation of this Code of Conduct is done at your own risk.
- You agree to inform Refinitiv, using the 'Contact Us' button (in your product or via the Refinitiv website) or via your Refinitiv Account Manager, of any security issues which may affect other users or which may affect the Interactive Services.
- If you have problems with the Interactive Services, including service quality or someone's behavior over the Interactive Services, please contact your Refinitiv Account Manager or your organization's support staff in the first instance. Refinitiv will investigate complaints raised by them.
- Refinitiv does not routinely monitor, verify, act as editor or represent the accuracy of, any material on or sent via Interactive Services, nor does Refinitiv accept any liability for such material. Comments and opinions submitted are those of the individual users. Your reliance on any such material is at your own risk and you are solely responsible for the information you submit via the Interactive Services.
- You own all of the information you post on the Interactive Services (subject to any confidentiality or intellectual property terms that exist between you and your employer). To the extent any information you post is covered by intellectual property rights ("IP content") you give Refinitiv permission to use such IP content in connection with the Interactive Services.
- You control the distribution of any information you post on the Interactive Services. Refinitiv accepts no responsibility for how that information is used by other users of the Interactive Services.
- You will not post information or distribute information that infringes another person’s copyright, intellectual property rights or otherwise violates law.
- You agree that Refinitiv may remove or block all or some information posted via Interactive Services if Refinitiv believes you have breached this Code of Conduct or for other justifiable reasons in order to protect against violations of law.
- REFINITIV HAS NO RESPONSIBILITY WHATSOEVER FOR YOUR COMPLIANCE WITH ANY REGULATORY REQUIREMENTS APPLICABLE TO YOU, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO RECORDKEEPING REQUIREMENTS. TO THE EXTENT THAT ANY MATERIAL OR COMMUNICATIONS GENERATED OR USED BY YOU THROUGH THIS SITE IS SUBJECT TO ANY RECORDKEEPING OR OTHER REGULATORY REQUIREMENTS, YOU AND YOUR ORGANIZATION ARE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR YOUR COMPLIANCE WITH SUCH REQUIREMENTS.