Eikon specs and downloads
Downloading Eikon is quick and easy
There are just 5 simple steps to follow to install Eikon on your desktop, with data streams deployed in one of several ways depending on your needs. If you are moving from another provider, we will help you every step of the way to ensure your transition is a smooth one.
- Step 1: Open your Welcome email and click the ‘Install’ link.
- Step 2: Click ‘Sign in and download’ and set a password.
- Step 3: Create your profile so Eikon can present an experience tailored to you.
- Step 4: Choose to install the desktop. You can also start using Eikon online immediately with Eikon Web Access.
- Step 5: If you click to download, the desktop a system test will run to ensure your PC meets the requirements. The software will be installed and you can log in and start using Eikon.
Take a moment to verify you have all the basics you need to run Eikon.
- Microsoft Windows 7 64-bit (1) SP1 + KB3033929 - Home Premium, Professional, Enterprise, Ultimate.
- Microsoft Windows 8 64-bit - Basic, Pro, Enterprise.
- Microsoft Windows 8.1 64-bit, Update 1 - Basic, Pro, Enterprise.
- Microsoft Windows 10 64-bit (2) (3) - Home, Professional, Enterprise.
- 64-bit Operating System is recommended, although 32-bit is still supported
- Windows 10 Preview versions are not supported
- Windows 10 support covers Microsoft Office 2013 SP1 or above
- Windows 10 is supported from Eikon 4.0.32 onwards
These are the requirements for Eikon. You must also consider all requirements of any other applications that you plan to run alongside Eikon.
|Recommended requirements||Minimum requirements|
|Processor:||Intel 5th Generation Core i7||Intel Core 2 Duo, 2.4GHz or higher
|Physical memory:||8 GB RAM||4 GB RAM or higher
|Free disk space:||5GB||1.6GB or higher
|Video card:||PCI Express (PCIe) card with minimum of 256MB memory per port. DirectX 11.x. compatible||PCI Express (PCIe) card with minimum of 128MB memory per port. DirectX 9.x. compatible
|Temporary Internet files size:||250 MB or higher||250 MB
||Intel 5th Generation Core i
||8 GB RAM|
|Free disk space:
||PCI Express (PCIe) card with minimum of 256MB memory per port. DirectX 11.x. compatible|
|Temporary Internet files size:||250 MB or higher|
Required and supported software
|Visual Basic for Applications (32-bit)
||Versions 6.4, 6.5, 7.0, 7.1 Note: 7.1 is recommended.
||Version 5.0 Note: From Eikon version 4037 onwards, this dependency is not present. See PCN Ref: 8654.
|Microsoft XML 3.0
||Version 3.0 SP1 or higher.
|Microsoft XML 6.0
||Version 6.0 or higher.
||Versions 8 , 9, 10, 11 Note: Internet Explorer 11 is recommended.
|Microsoft .Net Framework
||Microsoft .Net Framework 4.5.2 or higher Note: Microsoft only supports version 4.5.2 or higher – follow this link for more information.
||Acrobat Reader 10.0 or higher.
- Microsoft Office 2007 Service Pack 3(1) - Professional Plus
- Microsoft Office 2010 + KB2405840 + KB2598139, SP1+ KB2598139, SP 2 - Professional Plus
32-bit and 64-bit
- Microsoft Office 2010 SP1+ KB2598139, SP2 - Professional Plus
- Microsoft Office 2013 SP1(2) - Professional Plus
- Microsoft Office 365 with Office 2013 – ProPlus and Enterprise E3
- Microsoft Office 2016(3) - Professional Plus
- Microsoft Office 365 with Office 2016(3) – ProPlus and Enterprise E3
Please note for 64-bit Office versions:
- Features not supported in Eikon - Microsoft Office: Metastock Charts, RCalc, RHistory VBA API and RTX.
Please note for 64-bit Office and Office 365 versions listed above:
- You must install VBA 32-bit version.
- Microsoft stopped the Office 2007 Service Pack 3 Extended Support on 10th of October 2017 PCN 9050.
We stopped qualification of this Office version on the same date.
- Windows 10 support covers Microsoft Office 2013 SP1 or above.
- Microsoft Office 2016 is supported from Eikon 4.0.33 onwards.
We're here for you
Have questions? We're here to help. Talk to a real person and get the answers that matter most.