Top 100 companies leading on social practices
Incorporating social metrics into investment strategies can help to identify more resilient and profitable investment opportunities. Discover which firms and industries are leading on social practices.
Discover who is performing well on social metrics
Highlights from the list of top-performing companies based on Refinitiv Social Category Scores:
- The United States, France, United Kingdom and Germany headquarter the most companies scoring highly on social practices.
- The top 3 companies on our social practices list are IBM (USA), SAP (Germany) and Tata Consultancy Services (India), all in the Software and IT services sector.
- Business sectors with the largest number of companies scoring well on social practices include Pharmaceuticals & Medical Research, Banking & Investment Services, and Food & Beverages.
Top 10 performing industries on the social pillar score
Refinitiv's social top 100
Explore the list of companies leading on Social Pillar Scores as of March 2021
Refinitiv ESG data and scoring methodology
Our ESG data cover 10,000+ companies, over 80% of the global market cap, and 450+ metrics. This includes 197 social metrics and 4 social category scores.
Workforce category scores measure effectiveness towards job satisfaction, healthy and safe workplace, maintaining diversity and equal opportunities, and workforce development opportunities.
Human rights category scores measure a company's effectiveness towards respecting the fundamental human rights conventions.
Community category scores measure the company's commitment towards being a good citizen, protecting public health and respecting business ethics.
Product responsibility category scores reflect a company's capacity to produce quality goods and services integrating the customer's health and safety, integrity and data privacy.
Social spotlight: the global upward trend
Global social category scores are up 8%
Refinitiv’s Social Pillar Score reflects a company’s practices based on Workforce, Human Rights, Community and Product Responsibility scores. When analyzing 5,527 companies from our ESG database, that report a social pillar score over the last 4 years, we find that the global social scores have increased by 8%.
This positive trend is present in every region, while some countries and sectors lead the way and demonstrate particularly impressive results. Europe displays the highest scores, while Asia-Pacific shows the highest uptick in growth rates over the last 4 years.
Our expertise in corporate governance in ESG
Showcase your firm's ESG data
Our ESG Contributor Tool helps you verify and provide timely updates on your ESG initiatives to investors and other stakeholders. The tool helps you showcase a deep range of environmental, social and governance data from your firm. We pride ourselves in our auditable ESG data, investors can trust the data we provide due to the 'click to source' capabilities within Eikon. The tool allows you to:
- Ensure the financial community has access to the timeliest ESG data on your company
- Contribute your company ESG data for the latest fiscal year
- Review and edit the historical ESG data that is already available for your company
- Communicate more effectively with your stakeholders.
We're here for you
Have questions? We're here to help. Talk to a real person and get the answers that matter most.