Our commitment to sustainable leadership
At Refinitiv we look at sustainability through two lenses:
- How we operate and measure our impact
- How we drive wider sustainable behaviour beyond the boundaries of our own footprint
Tackling the world’s environmental and social issues has become the biggest challenge we all face and it requires focused, collective action.
Driving leadership in sustainable finance
Our sustainability pledges
Refinitiv has committed to three global sustainability pledges and targets, to hold ourselves to account on our sustainability commitments. We intend to build on our strong legacy of community investment, be transparent with our environmental commitments and disclosures, foster a culture of openness and inclusion, and leverage the skills of our people to drive social impact.
- Be carbon neutral by 2020
- Be powered by 100% renewable energy by 2020
- Reduce annual carbon emissions by an average of 10% over the next five years
- Foster a culture of openness and inclusion, whilst promoting an inclusive workplace that embraces diversity of every kind
- Double our people engagement with community investment programmes by 2020
- Deliver our goal of having 40% women in senior leadership, driven by the Talent, Leadership and Inclusion function
- Expand our suite of sustainability-related propositions by evolving existing products, working with partners and innovating in new areas
Our wider role in creating a sustainable future
We have a broad role in informing wider decisions on sustainability and enabling our customers to balance business choices and positive societal progress.
We help the financial industry champion new standards and incorporate environmental, social and governance (ESG) factors into investment decisions.
Our data and solutions assist corporations to better their ESG reporting standards, report on regulatory and compliance requirements, meet institutional investor mandates, and mitigate reputational risk.
We also support NGOs, academics, and journalists by providing global data sets and analytics for research purposes.
Our partnerships with global organisations
Alongside our charity and community relationships, help us deliver on what we promise and further widen our impact.
Refinitiv sits on the European Commission Technical Expert Group on Sustainable Finance, which has a mandate to develop key investment frameworks with environmental, social and governance (ESG) considerations taken into account.
World Economic Forum
Refinitiv continues to work with the World Economic Forum on developing a sustainable leadership framework for corporate executives to measure, monitor and communicate long-term ESG strategies and business performance.
United Nations Global Compact
Refinitiv is a participant of the United Nations Global Compact, committing to align with the Ten Principles and support the mission of the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
United Nations Taskforce
Refinitiv is a data partner for the United Nations Task Force on Digital Financing, charged with harnessing the potential of financial technology to advance the UN SDGs.
Data and products
Refinitiv offers a suite of products covering multiple parts of the business lifecycle, across environmental, social and governance issues, from investment portfolios through to due diligence and energy supply.