REFINITIV—OFFICIAL GLOBAL DATA PROVIDER FOR REFINITIV HACKATHON 2022
TERMS & CONDITIONS
- You may only use Refinitv’s Workspace for Students product/service (“Service”) in accordance with the terms and conditions set out below.
- The license set forth herein commences once the data is made available and, subject to the clauses 4 and 5 below, continues until October 28, 2022 (“Term”).
- Where you wish to use data which is subject to third party data charges, you agree to pay any applicable third party data charges. We shall endeavor to notify you of any third party charges of which we are aware.
- We may at our discretion cancel this license and your access to Workspace for Students (and the data) where we have reasonable commercial grounds for doing so.
- We may revise or amend the content or nature of the Service at any time.
- We hereby grant a limited license for you to provide you access to the Service only for internal purposes only in direct connection with the Refinitiv Hackathon 2022 (“Refinitiv Hackathon 2022”), subject to any restrictions set out in this these Terms & Conditions (“T&Cs”).
- You may download and/or copy the information from the Service only for your own internal use. Otherwise, you may not copy, download, distribute nor make available any of the information comprised in the Service to any other person except for insubstantial portions thereof and, in such instance, only in a non-systematic manner.
- At the end of the Term, if you do not purchase the Service, you must stop using the Service and delete or destroy any data or information, which has been copied or downloaded from the Service.
- Except as set out in these T&Cs, all representations, warranties, terms and conditions, oral or written, whether express or implied (by common law, statute or otherwise) in relation to the Service are hereby excluded to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Unless expressly provided, the Service is delivered “as is” without warranty of any kind. Refinitiv does not warrant or represent that the Service (or services, information or material supplied to Refinitiv on which all or part of a Service depends) will be delivered free of any inaccuracies, interruptions, delays, omissions or errors (“Faults”) or that all Faults will be corrected. Refinitiv shall not be liable for any damages resulting from any such Faults. You assume sole responsibility and entire risk as to the suitability and results obtained from use of the Service, and any decisions made or actions taken based on the information contained in or generated by the Service. You are solely responsible for the preparation, content, accuracy and review of any documents, data, or output prepared or resulting from the use of the Service.
- Refinitiv and its licensors accept no liability in contract, tort or otherwise for (i) any error in the Service; (ii) for the consequences of reliance by you on the Service nor (iii) for any interruption to the Service.
- Refinitiv and its licensors will not in any circumstances be liable in contract or tort or otherwise for indirect, consequential, special or incidental damages or loss including loss, whether direct or indirect, of profits, business, wasted management time or anticipated savings nor for any type of indirect loss however it may arise.
- You acknowledge that all rights in the Service including copyright, database rights, and trademarks are the property of Refinitiv and its licensors. You will not acquire any intellectual property rights in the Service nor remove, conceal or alter any copyright or other proprietary notices incorporated in the Service.
- You will hold our confidential information (including log-in passwords) in confidence and will not disclose any part of it to any third party. If you are legally compelled to disclose our confidential information, you shall (a) provide prompt notice (if legally permissible) to the us so that Refinitiv can seek a protective order or other appropriate remedy, and (b) limit any such disclosure to the extent of the legal requirement and the disclosed information will remain confidential information despite such disclosure.
- This license is personal to you and any rights or obligations contained in these conditions may not be transferred to anyone else.
- You may use any software or information contained in the Service solely for the purposes of the Refinitiv Hackathon 2022, but you will not sub-license, assign, copy, modify, merge, distribute, transfer, decompile or reverse engineer the software or information.