What is Ariba?
Ariba combines industry-leading cloud-based applications with the world’s largest Internet-based trading community:
- Every two minutes a business joins the Ariba Network
- Nearly 2 million right now
- Doing business in 190 countries around the world
- Proven process expertise
- Community-shared best practices
- Integration with SAP – Ariba is a SAP company
You can access Ariba here (Internet Explorer 9 or above is recommended for accessing Ariba).
Why have we moved to SAP Ariba?
Implementing SAP Ariba is part of our effort to continuously improve our operational efficiencies. SAP Ariba integrates purchasing processes from requisition to invoice payment into a one-stop shop:
- The tool facilitates approval workflow processing which simplifies our PO and Invoice approval processes.
- Documents from requisitions, to purchase orders to invoices are linked together electronically and shared between suppliers and Refinitiv over the Ariba platform streamlining our internal processes.
- As a result of these processes we expect improvements to invoice payment times.
Do all suppliers have to be on the Ariba Network to transact with us?
If the transactions require a purchase order, or if the suppliers are hosting purchasing catalog for us, then they do have to be on the Ariba Network. Once a supplier has been on-boarded they can register for the no fee Ariba Light Account offering.
What are examples of situations where the suppliers do not need to be on Ariba Network?
The Ariba Network is a primary approved purchasing channel for Refinitiv. In addition to Ariba, there are other alternative payment methods based on the type of goods/ services we procure – including American Express Card Solutions and Fieldglass. Please contact your Global Sourcing Contact or business partner to learn more.